The Career Mastered Awards celebrates and acknowledges the victories, challenges, and stories of the women who have helped to make our country what it is today.
Detroit, Michigan, February 14, 2016 (Newswire.com) - 2nd Annual Women’s History Month Career Mastered Award Honorees Announced
- Outstanding Women Achievers in Competitive Fields Selected
- Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence Living Legend Honoree
- Honorees Exceptional Role Models of What a Woman Can Do
The Career Mastered Awards announced today that the Honorable U.S. Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence has been selected as the 2016 Women’s History Month Career Mastered Leadership in Action “Living Legend.” This year’s honorees will be celebrated on March 14 at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Riverfront Hotel beginning with the VIP Gallery Reception at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Leadership in Action Awards ceremony at 6:00 p.m.
Each year, Linwick & Associates, LLC. in conjunction with its sponsors celebrate the achievements of women who have made a compelling mark on business. In its second year in Southeast Michigan, honorees represent powerful women across diverse industries and disciplines. These women leaders are Game Changers who have mastered their work and have learned the necessary steps to move ahead and build successful careers. The honorees are exceptionally strong role models of what a woman can do.
"Our goal is to recognize the extraordinary work of women who make a compelling mark on business."
The Class of 2016 honorees are:
- Jeanette Abraham, Founder, President & CEO, JMA Global, LLC
- Olga Alavanou, Executive Vice President, Yazaki North America
- Tanya Allen, Founder, President & CEO, Forever Fresh, Partner & Vice President, HBF APU
- Tiffany Douglas, SVP Market Manager, Bank of America
- Byna Elliott, SVP Regional Director Community Development, Fifth Third Bank
- Dr. Rita Fields, Executive Vice President, Mosaic Youth Theatre
- Marcy Fisher, Vehicle Line Director, Ford Motor Company
- Tina Harmon, Founder & CEO, The Harmon Group LLC.
- Susan Jones, Publisher, Impact Detroit Magazine
- Marjorie Loeb, SVP General Counsel and Secretary, Fiat Chrysler Group (FCA)
- Beth Morrison, President & CEO, HAVEN
- Gail Perry-Mason, Sr. Director Investments, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
- Dr. Lisa Newman, International Renowned Breast Cancer Surgeon, Henry Ford Health
- Patricia K. Poppe, SVP Distributions Operations, Consumers Energy
- Theresa Randleman, Founder & CEO, T Rose Foundation
- Tori Sachs, External Affairs Advisor, Governor Rick Snyder’s Office
- Jennette Smith, Editor, Crain’s Detroit Business
- Rashida Tlaib, Former State Representative, Director Sugar Law Center
- Van Nguyen, Executive Director Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- First Lady Jacqueline Wilson, Founder Helping Individuals Go Higher (HIGH), WSU
- Alison Vaughn, Founder & President, Jackets for Jobs
- Carla Walker-Miller, Founder, President & CEO, Walker-Miller Energy Services
The Career Mastered Awards is the leading Women’s History Month Award in Michigan honoring today’s women leaders who are Game Changers who take charge of their careers and their futures. The Award honors amazing women who have made a compelling mark on business and are exceptionally strong role models of what a woman can do. Established and presented in 2015 by Linwick & Associates, LLC., the Career Mastered Awards celebrates and acknowledges the victories, challenges, and stories of the women who have helped to make our country what it is today.
The Awards Ceremony is not just an event for women. The event celebrates the joint effort of women and men collaboratively working together to improve the communities in which we live. Proceeds from this program are donated to Excel Village non-profit organization whose mission is to work with youth to create winning futures through career planning. Held in both Charlotte North Carolina and Detroit, Michigan, 2016 Sponsors and Partners include: Fifth Third Bank, Macy’s, dbusiness by Hour Media, Charlotte Observer, South Park Magazine, Lake Norman Magazine, Uptown Professional Magazine, Stopit Pro for the Workplace, Woodhouse Day Spa, Clark Hill PLC, Wayne State University, Detroit Historical Society, Michigan Women’s Historical Center and Hall of Fame and Beasley Media Group WBAV, V101.9FM and WKQC, K104.7FM.
About Linwick & Associates, LLC
Linwick & Associates, LLC is a global human resources consultant firm with offices in Metropolitan Detroit and Charlotte, NC. The mission of the company is to create organizational value through people. Its Founder, Dr. Lisa J. Wicker is internationally recognized as a leader in human resources management with more than 30 years’ experience in organizational dynamics and change management across Fortune 500 Companies and Industries.
She has been recognized by the Detroit News as one of the most successful women in Detroit. Corp! Magazine recognized her as top Diversity Leader in Michigan, Black Enterprise recognized her as a leading Diversity Champion in America, The Michigan Chronicle dubbed her a Trailblazer and UPTOWN Professional Magazine named her one of America’s top executives.
To join the conversation: